Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula and automatic labelling of volumes

2010-11-24 15:24:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula and automatic labelling of volumes
From: Thomas Schweikle <tps AT vr-web DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 21:15:03 +0100
Am 24.11.2010 00:01, schrieb John Drescher:
>> recycled volumes are not relabeled, only when they are created are they
>> labeled AFAIK
>
> That is correct. If you want to change the name. Its probably better
> to delete and create a new volume.

This has to be done by a script? Is it possible to define one called
if a volume is pruned? Thus bacula keeps track about volumes?

The script would only have to delete the volume. Maybe something like:

bconsole delete volume ${volumename}

Since volumes are automatically created as needed. Am I correct?

--
Thomas