Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] TLS and PKI, How to limit de encryption overhead ?

2010-11-18 05:01:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] TLS and PKI, How to limit de encryption overhead ?
From: Hugo Letemplier <hugo.let.35 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 10:56:21 +0100
I already use Data encryption because I want the content of my Tape to
be encrypted.
The aspect that's boring me in communication is that authentication /
commands / console access is sent clearly over the network.
I am not sure of what security level the File Daemon encryption only
can provide. I know that meta data aren't encrypted.
Do you have advice for that kind of stuff ?
For the moment I use SSH but in a final configuration I might use
remote laptop computers with non static ip configuration ( change ip
via console access ...)
Thanks.
Hugo