Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Exchange plugin: Unable to restore

2010-11-04 11:06:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Exchange plugin: Unable to restore
From: Graham Keeling <graham AT equiinet DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 15:02:42 +0000
On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 03:34:35PM +0100, Michael Heydenbluth wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to backup/restore an Exchange database.
>
> Following configuration:
> W2K3 R2 Server (32) with Exchange 2003 SP2, bacula-fd 5.0.3 from the
> download area,
> bacula-sd and bacula-dir (5.0.3 - mysql) compiled from source to run on
> SLES 9.
>
> Backing up the "Information Store" works and I can browse the files in
> bconsole by typing:
>
> *restore, then 3 (specify by jobno), then <number of backup-job>
>
> I select all files from the "Postfachspeicher (<servername>)"-directory
> and run the restore job. I always get the error message
> "Fatal error: Invalid restore path specified, must start with
> '/@EXCHANGE/'", then the job seems to just sit there and does nothing,
> even not ending.

Can you copy and paste the exact commands that you enter, and the output of
them?
By the way, I have found out that it is very easy to crash the file daemon
when running the Exchange plugin, and it is not always obvious.
Whenever anything goes wrong, it is a good idea to check that it is still
running. Restarting the director helps too.

Also, I have found that you can only restore reliably from a full or a full
and a single incremental. If you have a chain of incrementals, it doesn't work.
Which rather defeats the point of the plugin.
There has been an unacknowledged bug entry for this for a month now
(bugid 1647).