Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Multiple file restores from pruned files

2010-09-28 09:36:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Multiple file restores from pruned files
From: Win Htin <win.htin AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 09:33:27 -0400
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I need to restore files older than 6 months from different days (all
>> from same directory structure). Following is the partial definition of
>> the client.
>>
>>          File Retention = 180 days
>>          Job Retention = 60 months
>>
>> Will it be possible to restore only the files that I am interested in?
>> If possible, please kindly let me know which options to select from the
>> "bconsole" restore options.
>
> you could re-populated the catalog with bscan if you now on which volumes
> your data is (be sure to set the volumes to read-only in bacula to
> disable pruning after re-populating)
>
> or use bextract.
>
> both documented on bacula.org

Thanks for the input.

I created a file /tmp/restorelist.txt with the name of the file I want
to restore and am running the "bextract" command at the moment. I hope
the syntax below is correct.

./bextract -i /tmp/restorelist.txt -V 937ABO /dev/nst1 /tmp/bacula-restore/
bextract: match.c:249-0 add_fname_to_include prefix=0 gzip=0
fname=ABC_logs_for_20091215.tgz
bextract: butil.c:282 Using device: "/dev/nst1" for reading.
28-Sep 09:12 bextract JobId 0: Invalid slot=0 defined in catalog for
Volume "937ABO" on "LTO4_2" (/dev/nst1). Manual load my be required.
28-Sep 09:12 bextract JobId 0: 3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded? drive
1" command.
28-Sep 09:12 bextract JobId 0: 3302 Autochanger "loaded? drive 1",
result is Slot 28.
28-Sep 09:12 bextract JobId 0: Ready to read from volume "937ABO" on
device "LTO4_2" (/dev/nst1).

Cheers,
Win