Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Clustering director and storage daemon.

2010-09-22 15:02:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Clustering director and storage daemon.
From: Piotr Antczak <benzino AT wp DOT pl>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 20:59:08 +0200
> The database and Dir work well. The SD is the tricky part. You must have
> a tape drive on a shared SCSI bus, such as with Trivoli Storage Manager,
> or some other means of sharing the tape library that can also provide
> for a SCSI bus reset on failover.

Thanks for your replay. That's exactly what I was thinking. Clustering director is a piece of cake but to cluster tape library ... well it's not so easy. The good news is the tape library will be FC attached to nodes. So sharing will be quite easy - just a simple zoning on the FC switch. I remember that one time I was looking for disabling SCSI "bad" commands on the bus in Linux (that was NetWorker but it doesn't matter) and there is a solution for that (of course I can't remember it). There is also a possibility that FC switch will have such functionality (some high end directors do have). Thanks again.