Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Clustering director and storage daemon.

2010-09-22 09:29:59
Subject: [Bacula-users] Clustering director and storage daemon.
From: Piotr Antczak <benzino AT wp DOT pl>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 15:26:46 +0200
Hi,
I'm wondering whether it is possible to cluster dir and sd? Lets assume that I have to nodes: node01 and node02. Each of this nodes can access disks which are used as the file storage, can access a disk devices on which catalog database will reside. Each of this nodes can access SCSI tape library (both of them can access tape drives and robotic arm). I think that I can do this this way (correct me if I'm wrong) assuming active standby configuration:
1. Catalog database if configured as a cluster service with it's own ip cluster address - storage for catalog database is accessible from both nodes. Configuration files for catalog database are on nodes local disk (and are identical) or the configuration files are placed on common disk storage
2. director is configured as cluster service and it has it's own ip cluster address. Configs can be placed on local or shared disks
3. storage daemon is configured as cluster service and it has it's own ip cluster address. SD can access tape library and disk drives used as File devices on each node (the mount points and scsi device names for tape library are the same on each node).

Is there a chance that it will be working?