Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula config questions

2010-09-16 17:22:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula config questions
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 18:19:14 -0300
> 1- I have my tapes all tied to the 'Default' pool. I want a tape to be used
> every day i.e. have tapes for MON, TUE, WED, THU, FRI doing incremental
> backups. On Monday I want to use only one tape regardless of whether it is
> full or not. On tuesday I want the autolaoder to use the Tuesday tape and so
> on. Does anyone have a sample config on how to do this or the steps?

I dont see any advantage doing that. But if you want so, you have to put
monday tape (e. g.) on a specific pool (e.g: monday-pool, tuesday-pool,
etc.). Its adivisible to set a "Volume Use Duration", anyway, so volume
can become used and retention starts to count.
> 2- When a job fails for whatever reason or the client is unavailable I want
> Bacula to skip that job and move to the next one instead of waiting for the
> job to complete/fail etc. I have a number of jobs, only one works. I want
> bacula to skip the jobs when it sees a problem or time out maybe?

See: "Maximum Concurrent Jobs" >> RTFM.
> 3- I want to take a tape offsite every week. How to achieve this. I want to
> have on tape for Saturday doing full backups. I want that tape to be taken
> offsite. Anyone have any examples I can refer to?

If you take the saturday weekly backup tape off, you will not be able to
restore it.
You can create a redundant full backup on a separate pool (or use the
Bacula copy job), and just take these specific tapes off-site.