Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] For a better understanding: Multiple Magazines

2010-09-14 10:00:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] For a better understanding: Multiple Magazines
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: xunil321 <Rainer.Blaes AT astrium.eads DOT net>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 09:58:00 -0400
On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 5:36 AM, xunil321 <Rainer.Blaes AT astrium.eads DOT
net> wrote:

> Dear all,
> we are using an Overland Arcvault 12 autochanger and have filled it let's
> say with
> 10 volumes (Slot 1- Slot 10).
> When the 1st volume is full does Bacula AUTOMATICALLY release this volume
> and
> mount the 2nd volume from Slot 2 into the drive in order to continue the
> backup process
> OR do we have to change and mount the 2nd volume manually?

Bacula will automatically load the whatever it thinks is the next
available volume in the pool required by the job that is running. That
could be any volume in the magazines and not necessary slot2.

To make things simpler make sure you have barcodes on your tapes and
use the label barcodes command to put all volumes in the Scratch pool.
Make sure you have that defined. Its in the manual if you do not know
what I am talking about.

John