Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] OT (or not) - Testing tape medias

2010-09-10 10:53:55
Subject: [Bacula-users] OT (or not) - Testing tape medias
From: Marcelo Terres <mhterres AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 11:40:37 -0300
Hi.

Now, from time to time I need to test the tapes, looking for errors in
the media. Can someone indicate me a method to do that ?

I can't lose the data or label of the media and I could not find some
procedure to do that operation with Bacula.

For example, if I made a backup with tar, I could use tar tvf to test the tape.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo H. Terres
mhterres AT gmail DOT com