Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Jobs running are lost after restart bacula-director

2010-09-07 11:40:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Jobs running are lost after restart bacula-director
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 17:37:29 +0200
On 09/07/2010 05:09 PM, Eduardo Júnior wrote:
> Hi,
>

> 2010/9/6 John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>:
>> 2010/9/6 Eduardo Júnior <ihtraum18 AT gmail DOT com>:
>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> I use bacula-director 2.4.4 on Debian Lenny Box.
>>>
>>> Why after a restart or reload of the daemon director
>>> (/etc/init.d/bacula-director)
>>> all jobs running are lost?
>>>
>>> Is it possible avoid this?
>>
>> Why are you restarting the director when jobs are running. Do not do
>> that. If you changed the configuation and want to apply that use the
>> reload command in bacula. Make sure you test your config file first
>> with
>>
>> bacula-dir -t /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf
>
> This isn' usually, restart the director when jobs are running.
> Sometimes in the evening I need do changes and I have an
> interval time do re-running jobs that were lost.
>
> So, reload command is sufficient and the jobs in execution will
> no be lost?
>
> Thanks,

Reload is used to get new bacula-dir configuration changes.

That's why also job tell you to try your changes before issuing the reload
command
bacula-dir -t /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf
will tell you if you make mistake and where.

--

Bruno Friedmann  bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch