Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Using multiple Drives / Bacula Version 2.4.4

2010-09-03 12:19:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Using multiple Drives / Bacula Version 2.4.4
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Stefan Lubitz <stefan.lubitz AT mackevision DOT de>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 12:17:28 -0400
> I am using a Tape library with two drives. Both are set up in the sd.conf.
>
> What can I do to run Backupjobs on both drives at the same time?
>
> At the Moment only one drive (/dev/nst0) is used.
>
> I am using Bacula 2.4.4.

If the jobs go to different pools then bacula should automatically
choose the empty drive. If two jobs that you want to run at the same
time go to the same pool the problem is getting bacula to load more
than 1 volume from a pool at the same time. There are ways to do this.
Please search the archives if no one else answers, I do not have to
time to look that up at the moment.

John