Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Solaris Disaster Recovery / Bacula 5.0.3

2010-09-03 04:26:57
Subject: [Bacula-users] Solaris Disaster Recovery / Bacula 5.0.3
From: Rainer Blaes <Rainer.Blaes AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 10:07:27 +0200
Dear all,
we are running Bacula 5.0.3 under SLES 11 in a heterogeneous network
with several Solaris 8/9/10 clients.
I learnt from the list that it is (nearly) not possible to build a
statically-linked Bacula client on Solaris.
Therefore I would like to ask you what's the best (your) way to restore
the whole Sun system from Bacula
when my system disk crashs?

BTW:
We are using an Overland Arcvault 12 tape library with 12 LTO-2 slots.
Is it possible by the BAT Gui to arrange
a client backup let's say in this way:
At 7pm Client 1 should be backed up on Volume-1 from Slot 1
At 8pm Client 2 should be backed up on Volume-2 from Slot 2
At 9pm Client 3 should be backed up on Volume-3 from Slot 3
or can this only be done using scripts / bconsole commands?

Many thanks for any hint!

Rainer

privileged information or information otherwise protected from disclosure. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, do
not copy this message or any attachments and do not use it for any purpose or
disclose its content to any person, but delete this message and any attachments
from your system. Astrium disclaims any and all liability if this email
transmission was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.
Astrium GmbH Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Thomas Mueller -
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Evert Dudok (Vorsitzender), Dr. Reinhold Lutz, Josef
Stukenborg
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Muenchen - Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen, HRB
Nr. 107 647

Weitere Informationen ueber EADS Astrium @ http://www.astrium.eads.net/