Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula Developer's Conference

2010-08-30 13:32:46
Hello,

As you can see from the email below, we have been planning to hold a Bacula
Developer's conference the 27th and 28th of September.  Despite some early
enthusiasm, there are currently not enough people signed up to hold the
conference.

However disappointing that is, I am hoping that there will be enough interest
manifested by the end of this week.  Real interest can be shown by sending a
registration email to the address noted below.

Best regards,

Kern

=========== Email sent 9 August ==========
Hello,

We will be holding the first Bacula Developer's conference during the last
part of September and would enjoy meeting you and having you participate in
the conference.  Please see below for more information.

For those of you who are planning to give a presentation, please contact me
with the title and a brief abstract of your talk so that I can add it to the
bacula.org web site page concerning the conference.

Please see the details below.

Best regards,

Kern

                      Bacula Developer's Conference
                          27-28 September 2010
                            Yverdon-les-Bains
                               Switzerland

Are you interested in:

- Meeting the Bacula developers in person.
- Learning how we maintain the source code.
- Hearing presentations about Bacula from the developers.
- Learning about and helping define the Bacula roadmap.
- Giving feedback or ideas directly to the developers.
- Learning more about Bacula Systems.
- Hearing from other Bacula developers and users.

If so, you should know that there will be a Bacula Developer's conference in
Yverdon, Switzerland (about 1.5 hour by train from Geneva Airport) on the 27th
and 28th of September.  In addition, Bacula Systems will hold an Open House on
Sunday the 26th beginning at noon where you can meet most of the Bacula
Systems founders and key Bacula developers person.

This conference will be most appropriate for developers and advanced Bacula
users, but it is open and free for everyone interested in Bacula.  If you are
or have been a contributor to the Bacula project, the project may be able to
sponsor part of your trip -- please ask.

Sunday 26 Sept.
  Bacula Systems Open House.  Visit the Bacula Systems offices and meet the
  Bacula developers and the Bacula Systems founders.  Totally informal and
  optional.

Day 1: Monday 27 September 2010
  Presentations by Bacula developers and anyone else who would like to give a
  formal presentation (30 to 45 minutes)

  Tentative program:
  - Swisscom sharing our experiences with Bacula (SAP backup, ...)
  - DassIT new Bacula conf file GUI editor
  - Bacula in Brazil
  - Linux Bare Metal Recovery
  - Bacula development process
  - Bacula Roadmap
  - Bweb
  - How Bacula Systems supports the project -- Rob Morrison

Day 2: Tuesday 28 September 2010
  Birds of a feather meetings:
  Informal direct conversations with the developers, planning,
    organizing, ...
  - Using git
  - How patches are integrated
  - Regression testing
    - CDash regression dashboard
  - Release cycle
  - Roadmap discussion and your input
    Brain storming new backup strategies such as deduplication
  - How Bacula plugins work
  - Rpms and how to improve them

Naturally, we will furnish plenty of beer and pizza and other goodies.

Your input needed:

We are still in the process of organizing the presentations and the time with
the developers, so if you are planning to attend and you would like to make a
formal presentation, or if you have some particular subjects that you would
like us to address, please let us know as soon as possible.

Registration:

To register for this event, please send an email to:

   isabelle AT baculasystems DOT com

and include your:

Name, Company, Telephone number, Mobile Telephone number,
Date of arrival, Date of departure, and any special interests you have
for the conference.

In return, Isabelle will send you an email that gives detailed information
on available hotels, our location, how to get here, and other useful
information for the conference.