Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] BigInt hit max value in mysql... what now?

2010-08-30 06:18:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] BigInt hit max value in mysql... what now?
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 12:16:19 +0200
On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 08:45:50AM +0200, Uwe Schuerkamp wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> over the weekend, our mysql bacula db seems to have hit the maximum
> possible auto_increment counter for an unsigned int(10) as I'm getting
> duplicate key errors on insert's into the File table.
>
> Is there a way to increase the maximum value or do I need to rebuild
> the bacula db from the last working dump?`The file table is around 15G
> at the moment, we have 67657255 files with a total db size around 23G.
>
> will
>
> alter table File change FileId FileId unsigned int(20)

Hi folks,

I was able to extend the value range by issuing

 ALTER TABLE File CHANGE COLUMN FileId FileId bigint unsigned;

I should have mentioned I'm running bacula 3.x on that server, bacula
5.x seems to use a bigint type value by default.

All the best, Uwe

--
NIONEX ist ein Unternehmen der DirectGroup Germany www.directgroupgermany.de