Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Swapping tapes mid job with an autochanger

2010-08-21 14:27:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Swapping tapes mid job with an autochanger
From: "Timo Neuvonen" <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 21:24:26 +0300
How about labeling all the tapes beforehand, before starting the job?

Maybe you could then remove the first two tapes when they are full, while
Bacula is writing the 3rd one, and put the new previously labeled tapes in.
Maybe you could then also issue "update slots" command, and there would be
no need to pause the job at all?

I don't know if this works, but I think it could be possible. "Update slots"
does not need the drive itself but just scans the barcodes. Depending on the
changer device you could be able to manipulate the contents of the tape
library while the drive is working. And I believe Bacula also allows you to
do this.

If you cannot do it this way, at least it should be possible to change the
prelabeled tapes when Bacula stops and asks new tapes when the tapes are in
the catalog but not in the changer yet. So I think labeling the tapes in
advance might be the solution here.

--
TiN

"Mike Hanby" <mhanby AT uab DOT edu> kirjoitti viestissä
news:A72C1C64C331B445A593C79DA1BE580C265848B94D AT UABEXMBS3.ad.uab DOT edu...