Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] is anyone successfully using MaxConcurrentJobs=1 on a Disk device?

2010-08-12 17:49:26
Subject: [Bacula-users] is anyone successfully using MaxConcurrentJobs=1 on a Disk device?
From: Joseph Dickson <joseph.dickson AT ajboggs DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 17:47:16 -0400

Greetings..

Is anyone out there successfully backing up many concurrent jobs using Disk autochangers, with MaxConcurrentJobs set to 1 for each drive device?

I’ve been encountering a lot of concurrency bugs in the SD code that I think is preventing me from doing this successfully, and I just wanted to make sure that nobody had a similar setup working in the wild..

My basic setup:

  20TB worth of disk, divided up into 250GB volumes using a disk autochanger script

  10 drives configured in the disk autochanger

  20-30 jobs starting simultaneously each night via schedule

  MaxConcurrentJobs=1 in each drive device, so only 1 job per virtual drive.

If anyone has something similar I’d love to talk with you about it.  I’m having lots of concurrency bug issues in SD that I think are biting me :-/

Thanks!

Joe