Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Network performance

2010-08-10 11:23:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Network performance
From: Thomas Mueller <thomas AT chaschperli DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 15:20:20 +0000 (UTC)
Am Tue, 10 Aug 2010 15:13:07 +0100 schrieb Hugo Silva:

> Hello,
>
> I'm backing up a server in Germany from a director in The Netherlands.
> Using bacula, I can't seem to get past ~3000KB/s.
>
> Here's an iperf result:
> [  3] local [fd-addr] port 16625 connected with [dir-addr] port 5001 [
> ID] Interval       Transfer     Bandwidth [  3]  0.0-10.1 sec    110
> MBytes  91.2 Mbits/sec

you speak of a server in germany and  director in netherlands. the sd is
also on the director machine. fd sends data to sd directly - could also be
a routing issue.

and: as in many other threads mentioned, backing up a filesystem with
thounds or millions of files can't be compared to a sequential read with
dd.

and: did you ran the btape tests on the sd to check the performance?

- Thomas