Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Recommendation about backups scheduling

2010-08-09 14:58:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Recommendation about backups scheduling
From: Romer Ventura <rventura AT h-st DOT com>
To: dbareiro AT gmx DOT net
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 13:46:50 -0500
What i just started doing is:
Full back up the first Sun of every month directly to tape
incremental backup mon-fri directly to disk
differential backup every sunday except for the 1st sunday directly to tape

Our data is about 300GB which will fit fine in 2 tapes, i dont feel like writing daily small sets of data to time is worth the time so i write that to disk and consolidate the changes with the differential backup. This will use 5 tapes per month (of course without current data demands) and allowing me to keep 4 months worth of data with the differential tapes allowing me to go back i time in a weekly manner.

Thanks
------
Romer Ventura