Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] labeled volume doesnt exist in db.

2010-08-06 14:47:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] labeled volume doesnt exist in db.
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Jeremiah D. Jester" <jjest AT u.washington DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 14:46:06 -0400
> It looks like I have to stop bacula-sd to use btape. Unfortunately, that
> kills the backup job in the drive that is currently in process. Anyway to
> avoid kill this and still using the bscan command?

If you can issue an umount on an unused tape drive then you can avoid
the need to stop bacula-sd. If you do that then remember to mount
after. This may not work depending on your configuration. I have a two
drive changer and I have it defined as 3 devices in bacula. So I can
do operations on either of the tape drives or the changer itself.

John