Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] labeled volume doesnt exist in db.

2010-08-05 18:24:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] labeled volume doesnt exist in db.
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Jeremiah D. Jester" <jjest AT u.washington DOT edu>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 18:22:01 -0400
2010/8/5 Jeremiah D. Jester <jjest AT u.washington DOT edu>:
> I’m having problems labeling a couple new volumes. I tried entering ‘label
> barcodes’, which works on most tapes but I have several it that it doesn’t
> return a status, pool or media type for.  See volume ‘000107’ that I singled
> out below.
>

> I then try to ‘label’ the volume but bacula complains that it is already
> labeled. When I attempt to change the volume status I get a sql error
> stating that no volume exists.
>

> Does anyone know what is going on? See bacula output below for more info.

No but you can get the media record for any volume into the database using

bscan

see the manual for operation.

The following link will pull the volume into the catalog:

http://www.bacula.org/manuals/en/utility/utility/Volume_Utility_Tools.html#SECTION00272000000000000000

If you did not write any jobs to the volume an alternate method is to
erase the volume (assuming its in /dev/nst0 already):

mt -f /dev/nst0 rewind
mt -f /dev/nst0 weof

Then relabel with label barcodes.

John