Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Upgrading Bacula

2010-08-04 11:16:24
Subject: [Bacula-users] Upgrading Bacula
From: Brian White <brian.white AT mtu DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 11:14:18 -0400
I've been using Bacula 2.2.5 as my primary backup software for several
years now and am very happy.  As we move to newer version of our linux
operating system I'm having issues with the client so I've decided it's
about time to upgrade.  My plan is to upgrade to the latest stable
version 5.0.2.  I'm concerned about upgrading the database tables.  I'm
using MySql.  I know there is a script to upgrade the tables in my
database but the comments in the script talk about upgrading from 3.0 to
5.0.  Can I just run this script or should I download a previous version
of bacula, say 3.0.x, and run that database table upgrade script first?

Thanks for the help.
Brian