Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula + Postgres : copy batch problem

2010-08-03 05:17:27
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula + Postgres : copy batch problem
From: Rory Campbell-Lange <rory AT campbell-lange DOT net>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 10:15:18 +0100
I'm fairly desperate for some advice on this issue.

I have 3.4GB free in /var where Postgresql is located. At the end of a
large backup job (7,643,966 files taking up 7.265TB of space) Postgres
bails out copying a batch file into the File table due to a mysterious
"no space left on device" error.

Questions:
1. How should I size my postgresql partition?
2. Can I stop this needless after-backup insertion? I tried setting
   Spool Attributes to NO but it did not work
3. Why is Bacula using a batch file at all? Why not simply do a straight
   insert?

I'm keen to get this 7TB backup out, but I have to reconfigure Bacula to
suit. Help much appreciated!

Rory