Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula restore runs forever - bootstrap creation

2010-07-30 16:29:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula restore runs forever - bootstrap creation
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 21:04:12 +0100

> I tried to  restore one single file from a LTO-4 drive installed into
> a Quantum SuperLoader3 changer device.
>
> The file in question was just a small (15 kB) one. It was positioned
> somewhere in the middle of a tape. The tape contained about 200 backup
> sessions in about 280 "tape-files". About 150 jobs where already purged,
> the file to be restored was in a session not purged. The tape
> contained approx. 800 GB and was in "Error"-Condition after a crash
> some time in the past. I use bacula version 5.0.1 with MySQL on SuSE
> Enterprise 9.
>
> When I did the restore I got the following bootstrap-file:
>
> ---------------------8<----------------------
>
> Storage="SuperLoader3"
> Volume="KYE713L4"
> MediaType="LTO-4"
> Device="LTO-4"
> Slot=1
> VolSessionId=129
> VolSessionTime=1275651480
> VolAddr=1060856922112-1060856999615
> FileIndex=111445
> Count=1
> Storage="SuperLoader3"
> Volume="KYE713L4"
> MediaType="LTO-4"
> Device="LTO-4"
> Slot=1
> VolSessionId=129
> VolSessionTime=1275651480
> VolAddr=0-1078036843257
> FileIndex=111445
> Count=1
>
> ---------------------8<----------------------
>
> The restore run "forever" and I cancelled it.

> So, what might be the cause for the creation of the erroneous bootstrap
> entry (VolAddr=0-1078036843257)?

It could be catalog corruption.

What does the following SQL query return (where NNN is the jobid containing
that file)?

SELECT  VolumeName, MediaType, FirstIndex, LastIndex, StartFile,
        JobMedia.EndFile, StartBlock, JobMedia.EndBlock,
        Slot, StorageId, InChanger
FROM    JobMedia, Media
WHERE   JobMedia.JobId=NNN
        AND JobMedia.MediaId=Media.MediaId