Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] recycle volume

2010-07-23 12:54:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] recycle volume
From: Simone Martina <smartina AT noc.skylogicnet DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 18:52:16 +0200
On 07/23/2010 06:45 PM, Jeremiah D. Jester wrote:

I have a volume that I am recycling back into the pool before the volume expiration date. How do I simply wipe this tape or start the write position to the beginning of the tape to overwrite the old data?

When I've to force recycling a tape, for first I delete it from the db (delete volume=yadayada...), then I umount the tape and out of bconsole I do: # mt -f /dev/nst0 weof
Once the tape was erased, I re-login into bconsole and relabel the tape with the oldname (yadayada...).

Not very elegant, but functional.

Simone