Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Installing Bacula on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5.5 (Tikanga)

2010-07-22 20:16:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Installing Bacula on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5.5 (Tikanga)
From: Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip AT kanarip DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net, dbareiro AT gmx DOT net
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 02:13:51 +0200
Daniel Bareiro wrote:
> Hi all!

Hi there Daniel!

> But when trying to run the startup script, I get the following errors:
>
> [root@localhost scripts]# /etc/init.d/bacula start
> Starting the Bacula Storage daemon /usr/sbin/bacula-sd: error while loading
shared libraries:
> libbacpy-5.0.1.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> Starting the Bacula File daemon /usr/sbin/bacula-fd: error while loading
shared libraries:
> libbacfind-5.0.1.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
> Starting the Bacula Director daemon /usr/sbin/bacula-dir: error while
> libbacfind-5.0.1.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

> But the files are:
>
> [root@localhost scripts]# ll /usr/lib/libbacpy-5.0.1.so
> -rwxr-xr-- 1 root root 24083 jul 22 12:25 /usr/lib/libbacpy-5.0.1.so
>
> [root@localhost scripts]# ll /usr/lib/libbacfind-5.0.1.so
> -rwxr-xr-- 1 root root 228325 jul 22 12:25 /usr/lib/libbacfind-5.0.1.so

Have you ran ldconfig? It generates the "available libraries" cache for the
dynamic linker, and the dynamic linker is relatively strict about not
searching various locations throughout the filesystem.

You can verify dynamic linking capabilities with "ldd /path/to/binary".

Also, you may want to consider Security Enhanced Linux. Verify with the
"sestatus" command whether SELinux is enforcing the targeted policy, and if
so, consider restoring the default context for the files freshly installed
using restorecon, and if all else fails, please get back to us with ls -Z
output ;-)

-- Jeroen