Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Cleaning up a storage daemon

2010-07-22 15:09:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Cleaning up a storage daemon
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 15:05:42 -0400
On 07/22/10 06:42, Mister IT Guru wrote:
> At this point, I assume that all my good jobs will now be on my new
> storage daemon.

Sounds that way.

> I'd like to recover all the disk space being used by my
> current pools, (I'm not sure how to do that at this point, tips are
> appreciated! I was told to just delete all the files, but I'm pretty
> sure that job info will still stay in the catalog), but that is  a
> different days work!

After confirming that you have all the good jobs in the new pools,
simply delete all the volumes from the OLD pools (which will purge all
the data associated ONLY with those volumes from the DB), *then* delete
the volumes off the disk.  Bulk deletion of volumes is easy to do with
BAT, as you can just select all the volumes you want to delete,
right-click and select "Delete n volumes"; it's a little more
time-consuming in bconsole as you have to delete volumes one at a time.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.