Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] requesting old volume.

2010-07-21 13:38:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] requesting old volume.
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Jeremiah D. Jester" <jjest AT u.washington DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 13:36:25 -0400
On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Jeremiah D. Jester
<jjest AT u.washington DOT edu> wrote:
> Bacula is asking for a volume that is no longer in the changer because it was
> marked as full and sent offsite. As you can see the volume was last written
> to on July 9th.
>
> Current snippet for this volume 'list media pool=Offsite' below.
>
> 103 | KL0451     | Append    |       1 | 163,962,667,008 |      172 |
> 15,552,000 |       1 |    0 |         0 | LTO2      | 2010-07-09 17:22:05 |

Inchanger and slot are both 0 which is good. I think there is a
directive for bacula to prefer volumes that are in the changer versus
offsite. I am not sure though. I do not move volumes offsite and I
also have a very long retention.

> What is the best way to resolve this issue?

Well the quick hack is to mark that volume full by using update volume status.

How often do you move volumes offsite? Can you explain the policy a
little bit? I am thinking you want more than one Offsite pool and
rotate the pools when you swap out volumes. If you do this monthly or
something like that you can have your schedule do the rotation of the
pools.

John