Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] High Resource Utilization with Bacula FD on VMWare Virtual Machines

2010-07-19 09:45:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] High Resource Utilization with Bacula FD on VMWare Virtual Machines
From: Olaf Zevenboom <olaf AT artefact DOT nl>
To: Mingus Dew <shon.stephens AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 15:18:42 +0200
Can you supply some more details on your setup/configuration?
- Is spooling implemented
- Do you backup to tape or disk
- have you implemented DTDTT
- does the backup device has it's own HBA
- what is the load of the ESX server
- any errors/warnings etc in ESX logs?
etcetera

Olaf

PS
In would not be too surprised if discussing this (also) on a Vmware
forum/irc-channel would be more helpfull.

PPS
A dedicated backup VM with dedicated resources would probably be best if
not mandatory. But that would probably also be the case for alternative
Backup software.