Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] High Resource Utilization with Bacula FD on VMWare Virtual Machines

2010-07-17 12:58:21
Subject: [Bacula-users] High Resource Utilization with Bacula FD on VMWare Virtual Machines
From: Mingus Dew <shon.stephens AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 12:54:09 -0400
All,
     I have ESXi 4.0 servers clustered and hosting a variety of Virtual Machines. The VM's vary between RHEL, Solaris, Windows, and Debian. I run various versions of the bacula-fd (5.x, 2.x, 3.x) on these VMs for taking OS backups. No matter what the FD version though, I am seeing high IOwait on the VM that the backup is running on, and then also problems with resource availability on other VMs while the FD is active.

     Just wondering if anyone else has experience similiar issues, what the details of your issue are, and any possible permutations.

Thanks,
Shon