Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] new user, first attempt

2010-07-18 17:55:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] new user, first attempt
From: Rory Campbell-Lange <rory AT campbell-lange DOT net>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 22:51:45 +0100
On 18/07/10, Dan Langille (dan AT langille DOT org) wrote:
> > used Synaptic Package Manager to install Bacula 2.4.4-1
>
> I'd go for 5.x if you can.  Much improved.  But not related to the
> problems you're having.

To do this on Debian Stable, please read the instructions here:
See http://www.backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=instructions

and (when you are happy with how backports works and you have added the
necessary repository information to your /etc/apt/sources list), you can
do something like:

apt-get -t lenny-backports install --reinstall \
           $(dpkg -l | grep bacula | awk '{ print $2 }')

However it may be safer to purge your existing installation first.

--
Rory Campbell-Lange
rory AT campbell-lange DOT net