Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Splitting jobs, then making fulls? possible?

2010-07-18 14:29:31
Subject: [Bacula-users] Splitting jobs, then making fulls? possible?
From: Mister IT Guru <misteritguru AT gmx DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 19:27:10 +0100
Some of my hosts have very large disks, and a complete full backup will
take over a day (close to 500GB), over the Internet.

To fix this issue, I have split these hosts into smaller file sets, and
I backup the more important data daily, and the fixed data not so much.
The thing is, the jobs backup to different storage daemons at different
times. Because of this I have a little difficulty determining if I
current have a full snapshot of the server as it stands right now.

I was wondering, if I was to perform a full restore, that I will get the
latest version of every file as it stands regardless of which job backed
it up?

Also, I was thinking to set up a third storage daemon, and then create a
virtual full so that i know at any point in time, that I have a full
snapshot at least somewhere. Are these unfounded fears, or is bacula
intelligent enough to always retrieve the latest stored version of a file?