Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] cannot label disk volume

2010-07-15 03:49:57
Subject: [Bacula-users] cannot label disk volume
From: Pavel Stránský <pavel.stransky AT og DOT cz>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 07:33:02 +0000
I have a problem with one of a pools.
Jobs are waiting for label volume, but I cannot label it.
Other pools is runnig well and they are on the same disk (sure other device)

Everything was runnig fine for about 4 years and on the version 5.0.1 too some month, just from some moment it is waiting for label. I tried to upgrade to version 5.0.2 but same problem exists.

When I want to label some volume manually, I get

Connecting to Storage daemon Home_backup at 192.168.0.245:9103 ...
Sending label command for Volume "FS-2040" Slot 0 ...
Requested Volume "FS-2040" on "backup" (/var/raid/bacula/fs) is not a Bacula labeled Volume, because: ERR=block.c:1029 Read zero bytes at 0:0 on device "backup" (/var/raid/bacula/fs).
3920 Cannot label Volume because it is already labeled: ""
Label command failed for Volume FS-2040.
Do not forget to mount the drive!!!

On the target drive is enough space and there is no volume "FS-2040" in the database

Thanks for help

best regards
Pavel Stránský