Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Please mount volume...

2010-07-14 23:10:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Please mount volume...
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 23:07:28 -0400
On 07/14/10 18:54, Jeremiah D. Jester wrote:
> I keep on getting this error message despite having additional appendable
> tapes in my offsite pool.
>
> 14-Jul 15:34 bacula01-sd JobId 323: Please mount Volume "KL0339" or label a
> new one for:
>     Job:          baretta-offsite.2010-07-13_01.00.00_17
>     Storage:      "Drive1" (/dev/st0)
>     Pool:         Offsite
>     Media type:   LTO2
>

> When I issue a 'status slots' and explicitly mount KL0339 volume it loads the
> wrong tape (slot 1, instead of slot 2). This seems very whacky. Output
> below...

JJ, try issuing the "update slots" command. This will cause Bacula to request
from the library which tape is currently in which slot and it will then update
the database for the media accordingly.

You have already shown the output of the "status slots" command, when you run
the "update slots" command you can compare.

You might also want to create a job of type "Admin" that just runs the "update
slots" command prior to your nightly backups (same time, higher priority).
This way you don't have to worry about remembering to run that command when
you need to manually remove/rotate tapes on a cycle.

Hope this helps.

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC