Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula on Windows SBS 2008

2010-07-13 20:51:08
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula on Windows SBS 2008
From: jmaillists <jmaillists AT promani DOT be>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 02:11:33 +0200
Good day,

I have been using Bacula on a Linux server and Backup
Exec on a Windows small business server, both with good
results on their platform.

Apparantly Bacula is working OK now on Windows through
the VSS service, that's what I read in the
Bacula documentation.

Has anyone tried Bacula on a Windows SBS 2008 server
to backup files and Exchange databases and how were
the results? Also, the standard NTBackup doesn't
support tape drives from Server 2008 on, but probably
Bacula still will? Any other pitfalls to expect?

I'm really considering this now because Symantec refuse
to provide upgrade rates for our older Backup Exec...

Hope to hear some opinions from you all,

thanks
Joris