Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Two tape drives

2010-07-09 10:10:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Two tape drives
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 10:04:51 -0400
On 07/09/10 06:31, Prashant Ramhit wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have an LTO4 and LTO2 tapes drive on bacula.
>
> How can I specify a Job/specify to use the LTO4 for full backup on week
> ends  and then differential for LTO2 mon-fri.
>
> As the following does not work
>
>  Schedule {
>   Name = "WeeklyOffsite"
>   Run = Full sun at 3:00 Storage = LT04-drive
>   Run = Differential mon-thu at 23:45 Storage = LT02-drive
> }
>
> If you have the same setup could you please point me to the correct
> documentation for this please.

Prashant,
This is quite simple.  here are the necessary steps:
1.  Create different storage devices for the two tape drives, *with
different media types* (LTO2 and LTO4 would be the obvious types).
2.  Create a separate Pool of volumes for each media type.  (Say,
LTO2-pool with volumes of type LTO2, and LTO4-pool with volumes of type
LTO4.)
3.  Use the Full Pool, Differential Pool and Incremental Pool directives
in your JobDefs to specify the correct Pool for each level.  Bacula will
figure out the correct storage device to use based on the media type
specified in the Pool.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.