Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] recover (building directory tree) extreme slow after update from 3.0.2 to 5.0.2 [solved]

2010-07-09 09:49:15
Subject: [Bacula-users] recover (building directory tree) extreme slow after update from 3.0.2 to 5.0.2 [solved]
From: Udo Lembke <udo.lembke AT albertbauer DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 15:46:08 +0200
Hi,
i'm very happy with bacula - but my yesterday update from 3.0.2 to 5.0.2
makes me some headache.
Backup runs - but to restore a job bring the mysql-server to hang (ok,
the server work's but without result for over an hour).

With 3.0.2 it takes seconds (less than one minute) to build the
directory tree - before the memory-update it takes an hour for one
restore-job (with four jobids) with 5.0.2.
I think the problem is also the database size:
# du -hs /var/lib/mysql/bacula
17G     /var/lib/mysql/bacula

I tried to move the mysql-server to a faster VM - that's change much for
the disk-io but not enough for the restore-job.
After giving more ram (with big key_buffer_size 1536M) and optimizing
the file-table!! the db-speed was very good (use bacula; OPTIMIZE TABLE
File;).

I wrote this only as remark if someone has the same problem.

best regards

Udo