Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Mantis

2010-02-28 12:20:50
Subject: [Bacula-users] Mantis
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 18:18:09 +0100
Hello Dan,

As I mentioned to you (Dan only) some time ago since you are managing our
current Mantis bug reporting system, we are considering switching off of
Mantis onto another bug reporting system.  The one I have chosen is RT, which
in some respects is more complicated than Mantis, but it gives us a lot more
power.

Some of the advantages of RT are:
1. email interface for responding to tickets (bug reports)
2. we can perhaps later add feature requests or patch management to the
system.
3. It is very customizable and programable.
4. The search function although rather complex is much more complete.

We have created a test RT interface at:

www.bacula.org/rt

It has a bit of test data in it, and you can login as anonymous (as indicated
on the main page) or you can create an account.

You can then experiment even create bugs if you create your own account.

When we finally bring up the real Bacula RT bugs database, everything
including any new accounts will be erased from the existing test database.

I would appreciate to have your feedback -- or that from anyone copied on this
email.

Best regards,

Kern