Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Use Import/Export slots of autochanger

2010-02-26 10:56:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Use Import/Export slots of autochanger
From: Joseph Dickson <joseph.dickson AT ajboggs DOT com>
To: Daniel Kamm <ylz AT ylz DOT ch>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 10:53:13 -0500
> my question may be a vendor specific one or may be a mtx-changer
> question. My Quantum autochanger has 5 Import/Export slots, which
> basically are just better accessible tape slots. Mtx displays the slots
> as I/E slots. But tapes in those slots are not recognised by Bacula.
> See
> attached console output.
>
> Is there a way Bacula can use those I/E slots like any other slot?

A quick look at the mtx-changer script shows that these lines are probably
causing you the trouble... they're inside the section for the "list" command:

     if test ${vxa_packetloader} -ne 0 ; then
        cat ${TMPFILE} | grep " *Storage Element [0-9]*:.*Full" | sed "s/
Storage Element //" | sed "s/Full :VolumeTag=//"
      else
        cat ${TMPFILE} | grep " Storage Element [0-9]*:.*Full" | awk "{print
\$3 \$4}" | sed "s/Full *\(:VolumeTag=\)*//"
      fi

Notice that the regex in the first part won't match your IMPORT/EXPORT slots.
My hunch is that you'll need to modify those greps, and probably the awk/sed
immediately afterward...

Another thing to check is whether or not mtx-changer is getting the correct
number of total slots available when it's asked for it -- if not you'll have to
fix that behavior too, probably..

Hope that helps!

Joe