Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] migrating mysql to postfix.

2010-02-26 01:01:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] migrating mysql to postfix.
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 06:57:24 +0100
On 02/22/2010 05:47 PM, Alan Brown wrote:

> This is quite a bit more painful than it should be, due to the table/column
> names being different casing in the creation scripts.
>
> Mysql doesn't care about case. PostgreSQL DOES.
>
> As it stands, the information at
> http://www.bacula.org/manuals/en/catalog/catalog/Installi_Configur_PostgreS.html#1107
> is wrong.
>
> AB

Hi Alan some month ago we have realize this same operations.
and we have been in the same trouble about Case in table.
Also before the 5x versions columns order are not the same excluding a simple
csv export import process.

We have done this with the help of this simple and stupid script
Be sure to have the exact same level of database ( we have upgraded a 2x
version to a 3x version)
so we put a new temp mysql bacula db, upgrade it to the level 10 and make the
dump from there.

Hope this help you a bit, (it's certainly too late 4 days later)

#!/bin/sh

TABLES="BaseFiles CDImages Client Counters Device File FileSet Filename Job
JobHisto JobMedia Location LocationLog Log Media
MediaType Path Pool Status Storage UnsavedFiles Version"

for TBL in $TABLES
do
  echo "Saving Mysql $TBL";
  mysqldump -t -c \
        --compatible=postgresql \
        --skip-quote-names \
        --skip-opt --disable-keys --lock-tables \
        bacula $TBL > $TBL.sql
# comment below lines if you get some errors
# We don't do this as we must change some wrong record
# like a date end having a 0000-00-00 value
#
        echo "Import postgresql $TBL"
        psql -d bacula -U bacula < $TBL.sql
        echo '--end--'