Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] VolFile in bootstrap files

2010-02-22 22:20:52
Subject: [Bacula-users] VolFile in bootstrap files
From: Craig Miskell <craig.miskell AT opus.co DOT nz>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:18:08 +1300
Hi,
        Is VolFile still used in bootstrap files?  I created a bootstrap file
using it, expecting that the tape would fairly
rapidly fast forward over the intervening files.  However, it is reading the
entire tape up up to file 635 first, and
taking it's sweet time about it.

My manually created bsr is below.  Have I done something dumb?

Storage=LTO4
Volume="ComFri1"
VolFile=635
VolSessionId=10
VolSessionTime=1266538544
FileIndex=16792-16828
FileIndex=16830-16897
Count=105

I also note that bconsole/the director will create BSR files with the "VolAddr"
attribute which seems to be used for
rapid fast-forwarding through the tape, but my googling hasn't shown any
documentation of that attribute.  If I've
missed anything obvious by using dumb search keywords, I'd appreciate any
pointers to documentation of what it means and
how it's used.

Thanks,

--
Craig Miskell