Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] using bscan

2010-02-23 04:57:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] using bscan
From: Tino Schwarze <bacula-users AT tisc DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:49:09 +0100
Hi Alex,

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:43:53AM -0500, Alex Chekholko wrote:

> > I'm having trouble using bscan to recover the catalog data from a tape
> > which was purged by accident.
> >
> > I get the following output:
> >
> [snip]
> > "MJR263L3" on "Superloader-Drive" (/dev/nst0). Manual load my be
> > required.
> > 22-Feb 17:04 bscan JobId 0: 3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded? drive 0"
> > command.
> > 22-Feb 17:04 bscan JobId 0: 3302 Autochanger "loaded? drive 0", result:
> > nothing loaded.
> >

> Are you sure the tape was loaded as you expect?

Yes, the tape is loaded. When I tried using bscan earlier, it only
worked when the tape was loaded.

> If you're worried about a lower-level problem, use 'mt -f /dev/nstX
> status' and 'tapeinfo -f /dev/sgX' to see the status of the drive.
>
> Then you can try something simple like 'dd if=/dev/st0 of=/dev/null'
> to see if that causes any error.

I'll try that later. Had to powercycle the autoloader as well as the
server. :-( Major SCSI hanging...

Maybe there's a fixed block size issue? I'm not really sure what went
wrong but some time ago I suddenly had to fiddle with "mt setblk" etc.
or Bacula could not read it's volume labels.

Thanks,

Tino.

www.lichtkreis-chemnitz.de
www.tisc.de