Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula with LVM

2010-02-18 09:00:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula with LVM
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:52:08 -0500
> I have a File Server with 12 hardisks.
> I used LVM technology.
> I wanna ask, what should I do if there are one hardisk crash in File Server?
> What effect by LVM?

I use LVM on every server that I have. I follow one very important
rule. Never use any PV (physical volume) inside the LVM that is not a
RAID 1 or better. If you use individual drives in your LVM you are
just asking for your data to be sent to the bit bucket.. This spanning
usage of LVM is not much better than RAID0.

John