Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with Bacula doing a full backup instead of incremental, can't see my mistake

2010-02-18 08:58:52
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with Bacula doing a full backup instead of incremental, can't see my mistake
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:29:41 +0100
Hi,

18.02.2010 11:51, Administrator wrote:
> Hi all,
> i tried to setup Bacula 5 according to the "main" Manual with different
> Pools for servers, clients, full and incremental. I backup to a USB-disk
> on OpenSUSE 11.1 64.
> The status mail for yesterdays incremental backup reads:
>
> 17-Feb 22:00 gold-dir JobId 4: No prior Full backup Job record found.
> 17-Feb 22:00 gold-dir JobId 4: No prior or suitable Full backup found in
> catalog. Doing FULL backup.
> 17-Feb 22:00 gold-dir JobId 4: Start Backup JobId 4,
> Job=dailyBackupGold.2010-02-17_22.00.00_03
>
> The full backup ran 16.02.2010:
>
> 16-Feb 18:17 gold-dir JobId 1: Start Backup JobId 1,
> Job=weeklyBackupGold.2010-02-16_18.17.00_02
> 16-Feb 18:17 gold-dir JobId 1: Created new Volume "goldFullPool-0001" in
> catalog.

Those are two distinct jobs. Use only one, and override the level in
the schedule. Just like it's described in the manual :-)

The configuration below confirms that...

Cheers,

Arno

PS: I happen to be in or close to Emden from time to time...
interested in some consulting? ;-)

Arno

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann