Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] ERR=A Required Privilege Is Not Held By The Client...

2010-02-16 12:39:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] ERR=A Required Privilege Is Not Held By The Client...
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 12:36:25 -0500
On 2/16/2010 11:34 AM, Paul Binkley wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Director is 3.0.2, backing up a 32bit Windows Vista client running 3.0.3.
>
> After adding onefs=no to the FileSet options in the director, I get the
> error messages during the backup:
>
> Cannot open "C:/Documents and Settings/.../":ERR=A required privilege is not
> held by the client.
>
> And,
>
> Could not open directory "C:/Documents and Settings/.../":ERR=Access is
> denied
>
> What do I need to do to allow bacula to backup these directories?

These are not real directories. They are symlinks pointing to the real
directory in C:/Users/.. that Microsoft installs by default for backward
compatibility with older software that (sloppily) assumes user
directories are in "C:/Documents and Settings/..". Either ignore the
messages or exclude the C:/Documents and Settings directory so Bacula
doesn't attempt to back them up. They are not needed, as the files are
in the real directory in C:/Users/..