Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] mysql Query increases by restore

2010-02-16 03:39:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] mysql Query increases by restore
From: Torsten Maus <torsten.maus AT dass-it DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 09:36:49 +0100
Good moring,

thank you for your answer.

ok just a word before, I had an installation (bacula 2.4.4 and 3.0.3) before
which worked with the mysql configuration. I upgraded to 5.0 and it still
worked out.
Than I changed my complete environment and thought that a fresh installation
of bacula is a good idea. Indeed it seems to be the case it was not :D .....

I adjusted and played yesterday evening with these key configurations:

key_buffer = 256M
max_allowed_packet = 128M
table_cache = 256
sort_buffer_size = 128M
read_buffer_size = 128M
read_rnd_buffer_size = 128M
myisam_sort_buffer_size = 128M
thread_cache_size = 8
query_cache_size= 128M

My System:

RAM: 1246MB
CPU: 3,0 GHz Athlon XP
Debian 5.0 lenny R4
Mysql: 5.0.51a-24+lenny3
Bacula: 5.0.0
Database Size: 54 MB
Database Typ: MyISAM (default with the make _database Script of bacula ?!)

Htop shows me that mysql takes 7,9 % of total memory when doing a query. I
watched with mysqladmin and I saw that the mysql process is executing the
query command. This takes years.

I change the above configuration number not just once and increase them also
significantly (nearly to 1 GB) but the mysql process still remains with ~8% Mem
usage.

Thank for your help

Regards

Torsten

--
 Torsten Maus                                torsten.maus AT dass-it DOT de
 dass IT GmbH                                Phone: +49.221.3565666-98

 Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln | Amtsgericht Köln: HRB52500
 Geschäftsführer: S. Dühr, M. Außendorf, J. Steffens, Philipp Storz