Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Deploying bacula daemons on the network!

2010-02-15 11:21:26
Subject: [Bacula-users] Deploying bacula daemons on the network!
From: eugene ngontang <eugeneval2002 AT yahoo DOT fr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 08:19:00 -0800 (PST)
Hi!

I want to deploy bacula on small network environment I built;

I have 5 clients on windows XP, Two servers on ubuntu 9.10 and one server on windows server 2003

By the moment I would like to do my backups on hard drives.

Then I would like to set one of the ubuntu machine as the director (the backup server); the other ubuntu and the windows 2003 server as storage machines; and the five xp as clients.

So I want to know how to put a specific bacula component on a machine.

For exemeple how do I install or put the File Daemon on my machines?

As it's a windows based system, should I use the win32bacula-5.0.0.exe package for this issue? should I use thes the bacula-5.0.0.tar.gz package?

I ask the same question for deploying the storage daemon on the two storage machines.

Any way please let me know pratically how to distribute bacula components through my network test devices.

Thanks a lot for your great help.

Eugène