Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] backup of another database beyond the catalog

2010-02-15 05:55:14
Subject: [Bacula-users] backup of another database beyond the catalog
From: Marco Zancanaro <marco.zanca AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 11:52:11 +0100
Hi, i need to backup a postgresql database. This database is not the catalog database, but another database that i want to backup. It is possibile to automate this backup with bacula?
I take a look into /etc/bacula/sripts/make_catalog_backup, i think to create a similar script, something like this:

exec ${BINDIR}/pg_dump -c $PGHOST -U ${DB_USERNAME} ${DB_NAME} >${DB_NAME}.sql

And create a job like this:

Job {
  Name = "BackupPostgresqlDataBase"
  JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
  Level = Full
  FileSet="Database"
  Schedule = "WeeklyCycleAfterBackup"
  RunBeforeJob = "/etc/bacula/scripts/make_database_backup"
 # RunAfterJob  = "/etc/bacula/scripts/delete_database_backup"
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/BackupDatabase.bsr"
  Priority = 11
}

FileSet {
  Name = "Database"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
    }
    File = /var/lib/bacula/database.sql
  }
}

I copy the RunAfetJob line from the default catalog backup job, but i don't understand it. If before the job the script dumps the database, and after the file is deleted, what's the point? I don't get it.
The delete_database_backup script is a copy of the default delete_catalog_backup, which only do this: rm -f /var/lib/bacula/${db_name}.sql

There is any better way to do this?
Thank you.

Regards
Marco Zancanaro