Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Default pool in the Automated Disk Backup example

2010-02-13 14:49:02
Subject: [Bacula-users] Default pool in the Automated Disk Backup example
From: Hontvári József <hontvari AT flyordie DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 20:31:27 +0100
There is an example configuration in the Automated Disk Backup section
of the documentation, see here:

http://www.bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/Automated_Disk_Backup.html

The BackupCatalog job refers to the Default pool, which is not defined
anywhere. How this should be corrected?
Of course I can add back the default pool which is included in the
default configuration. But as I understand that would result in an
infinite long volume on the disk. This seems to contradict the main
story of the section, which says that infinite volumes on a disk is a
bad thing. On the other hand if I modify the configuration to use the
same three pools which are used by the regular jobs, then that again
contradicts the explanation, which assume only one job in the
calculations in quite a few places.

This was already asked recently on this list, but the conversation went
into another direction.