Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula SSL Support

2010-02-12 21:52:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula SSL Support
From: Sven Hartge <sven AT svenhartge DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 02:43:58 +0100
On 13.02.2010 02:26, Jon Schewe wrote:
> On 02/12/2010 08:30 AM, Prashant Ramhit wrote:

>> Ia there a possibility to add PKI Encryption into Bacula Encryption on
>> Ubuntu Bacula Clients.
>> As it is not compiled in.

> It's there, you may need to rebuild to get it. I know that Debian (which
> Ubuntu is based on) doesn't ship bacula with SSL support due to
> licensing issues.

Since version 3.0.0-1 uploaded on 30 Apr 2009 Bacula is compiled with
SSL support in Debian. Unfortunately, the version in Debian Lenny is
without SSL support, since back then Bacula lacked the necessary
exception in its license to be linked with OpenSSL.

But you can install a SSL-enabled version 3.0 from backports.org for
Debian Lenny. Maybe you can install this version into Ubuntu.

Grüße,
Sven.