Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] how to configure tls for SD to remote FD

2010-02-11 15:51:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] how to configure tls for SD to remote FD
From: "Alex Florescu" <alex AT acasa DOT ro>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 22:48:41 +0200
Hi again,
After RTFM’ing for the past hours, I have been able to do the following:
- become a CA;
- create a .key and sign a .crt for the backup server (where the Director and SD are);
- create a .key and sign a .crt for the remote client (where the FD is).

I have followed the instructions in http://bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/Bacula_TLS_Communications.html
but it is very unclear which .cert and .key is which.
In what config do I point to the client’s certificates and in what config do I point to the server’s certificates?
Remember, I need to encrypt traffic from the SD to FD and eventually from DIR to FD.

Just point me to the right way to configure the DIR, SD and FD.
Thank you,

Alex F.